Jelly Bean adoption nears 50 percent as KitKat waits in the wings

By Shawn Knight
Sep 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Adoption of Android Jelly Bean continues to climb as we await the arrival of its predecessor, KitKat. The latest stats from Google’s developer dashboard reveal the mobile operating system is now installed on more than 45 percent of all Android...

Read more
  2. I've always viewed Google as the 'Microsoft' of mobile devices, kind of like how Microsoft created the Windows OS that ran on any compatible PC. This is why I don't understand why fragmentation is such a problem. Windows is able to run on various configurations of hardware and other software. Android as an OS should be able to do the same, at some point anyway. I know manufacturers like to add their own layer on top of pure Android, but it still shouldn't be this difficult to keep everyone updated.
  3. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 179   +25

What? KitKat is not a trademarked name?
  4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,525   +312

danhodge likes this.
  5. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 956   +96

I refuse to call it KitKat. Key Lime Pie fits much better with the other names, so that's what I'll call it (4.4).
  6. Android is not Windows, its more of a MSDOS(with windows 3.1 as ui =))
    Windows have certified drivers that are free to download
    on Android drivers mostly available to OEMs and are not published freely(open source), thats why you get all sort of problems(wifi, gps, etc) if you dont run stock rom

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.