TechSpot

Jelly Bean installed on 33 percent of active Android devices

By Dave LeClair
Jun 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google has pushed out the latest Android OS version survey and it appears the install base of Jelly Bean is growing at an impressive rate, as it's finally getting close to move past Gingerbread as the most installed revision of the...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,220   +777

I have an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini) and have no idea what version of Android it uses but as long as it does what it's supposed to, I don't care.

3. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,576   +47

I have the same phone, bought last month and it has 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. I'm really happy with it.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,220   +777

It just goes to show you don't need the biggest, baddest & most expensive phone to be happy. I'm happy with mine too.

Benny26 likes this.
  5. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 520   +87

I was a total sell out and bought a Galaxy S4. It's shipped with version 4.2.2

6. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,473   +622

Skidmarksdeluxe: you don't know what version you have, because you have Samsung TouchWiz. That's one of the many bad things about it - it looks the same across all versions. :(

7. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

My cheap tablet has 4.1.1. It said on the box :) and I like to know what Android version it is because I'm relatively new to this particular OS, and it helps when looking up How-To info and asking for support.

8. 4.1 is Jelly Bean.

9. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,473   +622

Settings > About (at bottom)

10. iainathome

iainathome TS Rookie

Installed yesterday on my galaxy s2, wish I hadn't, half my apps have disappeared, (including playstore), & my phone's a complete mess. desperately trying to find a method of 'rollback'

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.