TechSpot

Jet plane Puter

By mlou
Sep 20, 2004
  1. Hey all
    Got a minor issue with my system ...
    I have a P4 2.8ghz 512RAM running XP all in a Raidmax case, very sharp - the mirage 278.
    After my computer is on more than 30-60 minutes it sounds like a mini jet plane. I installed an Antec power supply - 430 Watt ATX12V - which is supposed to be very low noise.
    That's really the only issue with my system. I've noticed when I removed the dvd (internal) it made no fan noise at all, just with the cdrw connected.
    Any advice would be very much appreciated - it's getting me crazy!
    Thanks again,
    ~mlou

2. Raiders

Raiders TS Rookie Posts: 118

this may sound silly but,,,is thare a cd in your cdrw?,i have noticed my burner spins up for no reason. i take any cd's out and thares no spin-up.

3. mlou

mlou TS Rookie Topic Starter

nope no cd, just fan noise. I suppose if I wanted a silent computer I would need to do more than install a new power supply as I've done. I've searched the forum and came across some of the extensive modifications required for a silent system. I guess I was hoping there was a simpler solution someone would recommend.
    thanks for replying!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.