Jimmy Kimmel convinces people to give up their passwords on national television

Shawn Knight

Staff member

dummies giving jimmy kimmel passwords national tv found jimmy kimmel

You’d think that with the rising number of data breaches that have taken place as of late, the idea of creating a strong password – and not sharing it with others – would be paramount. Yeah, not so much.

Not only are people not getting the message, they’re apparently gullible enough to reveal their passwords to the world on national television.

As you’ll in this Jimmy Kimmel sketch that aired the other night, extracting passwords from the general public is as easy as stealing candy from a baby. And most of the time, the victim didn’t even realize they’d just given up their password.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Considering that a similar thing was done a few years back where the people were asked "Who was the first person to walk on the moon?" and that the vast majority of people could not correctly answer the question, this comes as no surprise.

I will watch it once the page loads correctly. I don't know if the trouble is Techspot or Firefox. I've been dealing with this off and on for over a month. Various pages not loading for a few hours.

No worries ... once you get used to Alzheimer's you get a new password every day ... sometimes hourly ...... who is this?!?!?!?!

I can't believe how stupid some people can be, I would never tell a stranger my password is 123456. :D
Christ! Now that I know we have the same password, I'll have to change mine to 12345678.....:mad: Or should I go with 123456789? You know, the more digits your password has, the longer it takes another computer to figure it out...!(y)

As far as Jimmy Kimmel's stunts go, they never show the footage where people to him to f*** off. I''ll bet they have an archive full of that somewhere.

Sure.. my password is ************
Damn that's the same as mine. Be careful bro I have seen a lot of people using this password, maybe we should make ours different and reverse our passwords this time, that'll fool them

All my passwords are the same ******** I think I have a virus or something because no matter what I type it keeps changing to this * and I just hit save password so I don't have to keep typing it in all the time, Can anyone help me, I think there's something wrong

The first chick was hot and I'm guessing the top of her class at whatever school she claims she went to (I wonder how many times can you be put back at kindy? , I'm sure she will graduate one day)

Oh just watched it again and she says she went graduated high school, high alright and where did she say hemp ville, yeah even the teachers must have been high when she graduated.

I have had a brilliant idea, I'm going to change my password to Jimmy Kimmel , my name is not Jimmy Kimmel so no one is going to guess that if they try to hack my accounts, not even me :), ok I have a lot of passwords to change now, bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back