job app...some help?

Raz

Hi all

just wondering if someone can give me any hints tips etc for one competency question:

Managing Resources

Getting best value from available resources - using existing resources to improve efficiency at work. Allocating and prioritising resources as appropriate to achieve best value, moving resources to where they are most needed.

minds gone blank..can't think of anything worthwhile :dead:

any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated!

thanks

Raz

What sort of help do you need? Tips on how to explain your potential employer how you fit that requirement?

That questions means that they are not going to give you much to work with money/equipment/people/time wise and they expect that you don't whine about it.
Tell them how you have always had to come by with little money and time and how you prioritise things in your life e.g. concentrating on more important subjects at school, choosing a football night over a date with your girl etc.

thanks Nodsu..was just looking for anything that could be used in that category

You can just say (I know this is late) that you are adept at making do with what is available and making it work to it's utmost potential. Not having a decent budget sucks, and you should never set yourself up for failure, but you should be used to working with less than what you need - it will make you more efficient, and most companies will want to trim their budgets if they can...from my experience. Don't let them completely hose you, but just understand that if you can save them money, you will already be providing them a valuable service.

Back