JPR: GPU shipments up sequentially in Q3, Intel strengthens its lead

By Jos
Nov 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Jon Peddie Research has released its latest report on the graphics market, announcing that Q3 2013 was the second quarter in a row to show a gain in shipments, up 1.6% quarter-to-quarter. Although sales growth is always good news, JPR...

Read more
  2. Oh, did not know Intel is making GPUs, ups I understand ... included in their CPUs .. well I own one with integrated graphics .. but I also have a dedicated GPU, in practice the integrated one is disabled because I just can't use both. If where possible I was willing to pay for a CPU without integrated GPU, sad Intel did not offer the option. Wasted resources .. & money !
  3. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,440   +593

Quite impressive for AMD, although market share & most affordable usually go hand in hand. IGP/APU numbers are also diluting real GPU sales and market share numbers, I would love to see Steam's survey of GPU's and what the majority of their customers are using.
    AMD throws their APU's on everything.
  4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,682   +86

On the contrary, I would be willing to pay for a Integrated GPU (on CPU die) as long as, I can have a switchable solution, I.e. when I am not doing anything intensive one could use Integrated GPU, and for graphic intensive tasks switch to addon graphics card. Saves power, and one would have a lot cooler PC.