JS/Downloader.Agent help

Status
Not open for further replies.

readch

I have been experiencing some problems with my computer. My computer will randomly make clicking noises (similar to clicking a link or back on internet explorer) and random pop ups come up when I haven't opened a browser. Also, my computer will run extremely slow at times.

I downloaded AVG and it found a JS/Downloader.Agent, but couldn't remove it. So I followed TechSpots thread - "8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions". I have attached the logs to this post for someone to take a look at to see if I have cleared my comp of everything.

I appreciate any help that you guys can give me.

Attachments

• Hijackthis Log.txt
    5 KB · Views: 5
We need to have a deeper look. Also your Java is not updated.

jav.png
Update your Java Runtime Environment

• First try going to Start -> Control Panel -> double click Java
  • Select the Update Tab at the top of the Java console
  • Click the Check for Updates button at the bottom
  • If it finds the newer version (Java 6 Update 7) Follow the on screen instructions (uncheck the yahoo toolbar option)
  • After it installs the newest version Go back to Control Panel -> Add/remove programs (programs and features in vista)
  • Uninstall any older versions of Java

-----------------------------------------------

Disable AVG real time protection by right clicking it in the system tray and unchecking it

----------------------------------------------

Combofix
  • Download Combofix to your desktop.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • A window will open with a warning.
  • When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log.
Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Combofix is a very powerful tool so please do NOT do anything without instruction

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

http://deckard.geekstogo.com/dss.htm
Deckard's System Scanner interacts with a specific rootkit (tdssserv) in a way that may make your system unusable (altering the svchost netsvcs registry entry). This download link has been removed until a fix is released by Deckard. For your own protection, please do not attempt to download this tool from other sites.

08/17/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back