JS downloader agent. How to get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. My name is Rx edmar.
I just joined this morning.
I have a laptop, an Acer Aspire 3100. I´ve only had it for 3 months and just to my annoyance, there´s a virus in it.
I have AVG free edition, which I update everyday. During a recent virus scan, a virus was found known as "JS downloader agent".
Two different files are now infected with the virus. I moved both of them to the virus vault. I attempted to heal the files, but no luck. I keep gettina a message that says: "action failed" or "cannot heal file"
I would like to know how this annoying virus can be removed from these files.
I also checked on the AVG website, looking for instructions on how to remove the virus. But no success.
I thank you for your help.

Hello, Rx edmar, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, first read this thread: If your system is infected, read this before deciding whether to Clean or Format. If you decide to clean your system, then follow these instructions Virus/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post your logs as attachments to this thread as well as the result of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back