TechSpot

Judge rejects Apple's trademark complaint over Amazon's Appstore

By Matthew
Jan 2, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A California federal judge has dismissed part of an Apple complaint that accused Amazon of violating a trademark on the name "App Store." The iPhone-maker filed suit in March 2011 following the launch of Amazon's "Appstore," alleging that the similar...

Read more

2. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

And that is what happens when your brand names enter the common vernacular...

3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,735   +894

Aw...., there's no joy in Muddville , (oops, I mean Cupertino), tonight.:(

Not to mention there are likely lawyers heads rolling all over the boardroom floor....:eek:

4. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,368   +125

Maybe large companies should have to pay a precentage of their profit to file lawsuits rather than flat fees.

m4a4 and BlueDrake like this.
  5. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 512   +84

Man I dislike Apple for their little games.

6. BlueDrake

BlueDrake TS Enthusiast Posts: 209   +51

Apple is all about these little games. Especially when they lack originality. Their icon and leader is gone, what can they do to lead the company now? It's obvious they can go with the iPhone / iPad, etc for a while. Just it's so old hat after so long, I'm sure everyone's going to be sick of it.

7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,735   +894

"Wham-O" had a bit of a lull after "inventing" the "Hula Hoop". Poor company, never did quite reach its former glory after that. (Sorry for the possibly fractured ancient history rant).

8. Pan Wah

Pan Wah TS Enthusiast Posts: 134   +27

I remember! - they went on to have great success with the "Frisbee", after a lawsuit forced them to withdraw the "Friswasp".

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.