TechSpot

Julian Assange to leave Ecuadorian embassy "soon"

1. After being holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London for nearly two years, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has announced that he will leave the place "soon", although he did not say when. He made the announcement during a press...

Read more

2. Mieksr

Mieksr TS Enthusiast Posts: 38   +7

My question is where is he going when he leaves.

3. tomkaten

tomkaten TS Addict Posts: 188   +89

To this day, I don't know if those rape charges are real or it's just some stuff they made up to have him arrested and possibly extradited ? Anyone care to shed some light ?

4. Mieksr

Mieksr TS Enthusiast Posts: 38   +7

From what I've heard those allegations aren't true. They where just a way of preventing the truth (wikileaks) from coming out.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,519   +2,062

"allegations that he raped one woman and molested another"
    Whats the difference between the two charges?

6. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,754   +1,107

Except that he's wanted for assault in a different country from where he's wanted for leaking info. The US wants him for the leaking stuff, and he's wanted in Sweden for assault.

I really don't think the Swedes are making up charges to prevent the truth from coming out of a crime in America.

tomkaten likes this.
  7. Bannhammer

Bannhammer TS Rookie Posts: 21

Prison.

8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,707   +1,887

I think a finger (y) or a penis (n), but don't quote me on that.

Or maybe it's, "six of one, half a dozen of the other"....:oops:

9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,519   +2,062

I'm still confused... Was he (allegedly) raping one while molesting the other or molesting the other while raping one?... :confused: Where there's smoke there's fire.

10. captaincranky

I don't know. But, I could link you to numerous movies involving the scenarios you've mentioned. Then, you could work it out for yourself. Although, in the context of "artistic license", "who's the doer, and who's the done", seems to be in a constant state of flux....

11. lipe123

lipe123 TS Evangelist Posts: 658   +174

If he didn't do anything wrong then why would he be scared?

The guy is a super popular figure, it's not like the US is just going to hold a fake trial and execute him behind the building. The wikileaks thing is already out and done so what does he have to lose?!

And the charges in Sweden could very well be real... sounds like a more legit reason to avoid the trial.

12. captaincranky

Our prisons are full of "innocent men", who were "framed", and in the process of, "gettin' they lives together". Mr. Assange should take his place and stand proudly among them, or in front of them in the shower, as the case may be.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  13. Maybe that is what happen inmediatly after you mess with the world biggest superpower. I think I'm not gonna try, good luck we have people like that guy, otherwise the good, the bad and the rest of the people with power or the goverments will do what ever they want.

14. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,310   +57

I really don't believe in rape. I was attempted to be raped by a man once. You just don't take off your clothes. You think timid he had a knife or gun?