TechSpot

Jumping From A Short Building

By smudgeyjoe
Jun 25, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This has been a summer of upgrading for me. I put in a new processor, P4P800, 512DDR Ram, a new Video Card, FX5600, and a new Sound Card, Audigy2. I have had some crazy problems with my sound card that make me want to consider going back to an etch-a-sketch. My video resolution is set at 1024x 768. After I installed the Sound Card, the installation went perfectly, but when I went to show the Audio Showcase, I had previously viewed it fine on my last card Radeon 8500, the screen went black, and I got an unsupported message on my screen. I wrote to CreativeLabs, and they instructed me to go into Safe Mode, remove all references to Creative or Soundblaster, reboot, and re-install. That seemed reasonable, but after loading 95% of the software, I got a message that said the PxlCore.pxl did not load and the software would not work properly. When I X'ed out of that, It said CTRegSvr.exe did not load. When I tried auto update on CreativeLabs site, it said some of the components had been corrupted. :eek: After 15 un and re installs, same result every time. I removed the Card and re-installed. No Difference. The significance is that I am missing pieces of the software that won't install and which I need to regulate the card. I would be thrilled at any ideas you might have.
  2. JSR

JSR Banned Posts: 730

doesn't your motherboard

have onboard sound?
  3. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

stuff like that is why I gave up on creative labs sound cards and use turtle beach santa cruz cards instead.
  4. XtR-X

XtR-X TS Rookie Posts: 1,040

Yeah, I know, they do have crazy lines of problems, I think I'm gonna give up on them one of these days.

Anyways, what OS are you using? I can help you if ur on 98, I know something that solves some errors.
  5. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks Sargeant Major!!!!

Thanks very much for the offer. Unfortunately, my operating system is XP Home Edition. I have tried help on the startup menu, and system restoration back to a date before the corruption, but I don't have any restoration points before that time. I am hoping to come up with a solution so that when the time comes, and I go to 6.1 speakers, I can make the Sound Card work up to it's potential. So far, I am going hitless.

Thanks Again Everybody!!!
  6. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,543   +93

Whats your memory setup? Are you overclocking?
    What PSU is powering all of this?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.