Jumping Windows - windows 2000 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced windows that jump when you go back and click on one. If I have say two windows open - IE and Outlook, And I am on the IE window..when I click on the Outlook bar up top - exactly when I click the window moves randomly a few inches. Almost anytime and it is annoying.

Any solutions? (not cursor jumping - and have the latest driver for my mouse)

:wave:

Check the Control Panel/Mouse/Motion settings. These might be too fast.

What's Vancouver like these days? I used to live on Beach Avenue in the middle one of those three round highrises (if they are still there) between 1968-1971.
All I can remember now is that it rained a lot (worse than in Ireland, believe me!).

mouse speed.. - jumping windows

Hi guy..

Actually I am using a wacom tablet (intuos 2) with the latest drivers.
THe mouse speed is set to normal. I do not think this has to do with that. The mouse is not jumping the windows are when I click on them.

Ack!

It surprises me how people remember thebad more than the good in Vancouver. Every summer since I have been here we get about 30 weeks of sun. November is almost all rain. We get less rain than Seattle.

You could also check the refresh-rate. Right-click anywhere on the desktop, select Properties/Settings/Advanced. Perhaps upping it to 75/85 or higher might calm things.

Sounds to me like something wrong with input device settings or driver. Probably the latter if it registers movement when it shouldn't.

Do you get the same results if you click in a text document, for example? Text gets randomly selected?

everytime

It does not matter what is in the window.. or which program is running.

Anytime I click on a window underneath or beside it the window moves. By the way it is only when switching between. After I am on that particular window it does not move..while I remain in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back