Jumpy mouse

By Richardw9
Nov 7, 2008
  1. My mouse has been randomly jumping ever now and again; it moves about and inch or two in random direction and often leads to me clicking on things i didn't want to. Kaspersky can't find any viruses but could someone read my hijack this log for me please

Can i also add that my internet gets allot of failure to load errors and i need to refresh (however this may be a different problem with firefox, but it has never happened before)

Attached Files:

2. Richardw9

Richardw9 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 127

3. rf6647

rf6647 TS Maniac Posts: 829

It's regrettable that this thread was not acknowleged in a timely manner. Your HJT log appears normal.

If you suspect malware, following the 8-step malware removal guide should be considered.
  4. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

and what type of mouse do you have?

sometimes it just means you need you to clean the optics (or mechanics if you're still using a roller-ball based mouse!)
  5. Richardw9

Richardw9 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 127

Thanks for the replies, i don't quite know what optics are but i've cleaned the lenzy bit on the mouse and that seems to have done the trick, also i think i need to clea the mose pad as its covered with hairs.

Thanks for reading my hijack this log

(sorry for all my technical language i use lol)
  6. gguerra

gguerra TS Maniac Posts: 317

Try a single dark color pad or surface (not multi-colored). I know this worked for me.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.