TechSpot

Just A Country Gal

By ladyjb
Dec 14, 2008
  1. Hello everyone from Texas!

I dropped by looking for some help and thought your tech board was great so decided to join ya. Found ya on the net wit hthe yahoo search engine. I stopped using google ...too many _____ ads nowadays.

I been on PCs now for over 10 years, built a few, fixed a few and tossed a few (round the room) LOL JK...wanted to though..

Guess I better go post that question so maybe some professional unhackers can help me LOL.

GL to you all on your inquires...stay safe and take care of one another!

2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

Welcome to TS, we're here...all the time, enjoy your stay, be sure to check out the "extras" through the home page, a lot of helpful articles and pc hardware information there.

3. BorisandBailey

BorisandBailey TS Enthusiast Posts: 154

I like using Dogpile and Yahoo. I get suspicious of a proper noun that has become a verb: "I'm gonna Google it." That tells me Google has become to big.

I've only seen the panhandle of Texas. I've seen some lovely pictures of the Big Bend area that is part of the Chihuahuan Desert. The hilly areas around Austin look very nice, too.

By the way, that's "become too big," not "to big." Sometimes I inadvertently skip a key without realizing it until it's posted.

4. ladyjb

ladyjb TS Rookie Topic Starter

HI ya!

I have traveled alot of Texas areas. The panhandle gets most of the snow and is pretty flat, Big Bend is beautiful in the fall a little treacherous in the winter and spring (flash floods, snow) and Austin is nice if ya like traffic. LOL The outskirts isnt too bad though a bit humid for me.

I emailed google and asked them if they had been hi jacked by ads or redirect programs hehe I used to love that search engine. Its not bad for pics <snickers> some of those can get interesting but I have found some beautiful wildlife like that when I got bored.

Anyway still trying to arm wrestle this folder to let me in...so far its winning!!! hehe

Take care

PS I always wondered if it was my fingers that flew too fast for the keyboard to keep up, my brain thinking too far ahead or just plain old dyslexia so forgive me if I transpose now and then or mistype as well ;)....I was once told where there is a will to communicate, no matter the barrier you will find a way!

I will certainly check out the homepage as I enjoy learning about lots of things. LOL I was once told know the laws of the land you live in, I suppose we can transpose that to know the laws of the posts before ya post! Though I do try always to be polite, after all a Lady is always a Lady :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.