Just a quick note...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
A new TechSpot Giveaway has been opened!
See details in our announcement box above.

On an unrelated note, for once I believe a PC Hardware site owner gets it right when describing what it takes to keep a site running and kicking... not that I agree on everything but lots of things I feel familiar with.

Remember, for the contest, quality is what counts, not how many threads you manage to post a one-liner in...

Over to the off-topic...

Quite an interesting read!
I knew about some of the things mentioned, print mags vs web site & such, but that you could climb in the hierarchy by b*tch*ng and moaning was new...
But I guess by doing that once, you'll be marked by the PR dept as an annoying little .... and won't be getting much after that...

And I'm not quite sure if I agree about the "boi wunder" having too much to do for him to be able to do any good/thorough reviews... He's got several others working on the site, and when they leave several faults up in a review even after they've been notified, they've got nothing to hide behind...

But Julio, it would be nice to hear about how it is for you to run TechSpot compared to what the author of the article says...

sweeeeet prizes.
it's certainly interesting to read an article from that p.o.v.
the most we usually ever get to hear from the top dogs are a small blurb at the end of an update or a blog once in a while. it's an interesting look at the hard work behind the 'glamour' of playing with radeons and p4s and the like. unfortunately not having time to play with those gadets other than for a review is just a tease i suppose. the real game is in getting big enough that you have people working under you that can handle all those duties, you while get to sit back and enjoy ;)
easier said then done i know, but it'd be nice to dream wouldn't it?
-Krugger

Ahem Hi!

I am but a humble swag collector. I have been trying to collect swag but I never seem to get any. As you can see I am a really bad swagger.

And may I also add, swag from techspot (known formerly as 3D spotlight) would be a nice edition to my first collection of internet swag.

Now to check your news posts. :)

Wow this is pretty cool :) However its not 100% clear to me. Must we make over 30 posts within the deadline [on comments] to the news coverage or just the TS fourm in general?

I am new to this forum and would also like clarification. If it is just the news sectiopn are we allowed to post new news? or must we only reply to official posted news? I do not wish to overstep my welcome and as a new memberwould like to remain on the good side of the forum gods as i have no desire to catch small woodland creatures for sacrifice. thanks in advance.

BTW how many posts are required to move up the royality ladder. I have seen newcomer chancellor and palidin but how many others are there? or can we name ourselves? i would like king of spam if allowed

Originally posted by ---agissi---
First off, there is an edit button ;)

To answer your question [2nd one] check out this page:

https://www.techspot.com/extras/forum_guidelines/index.shtml

This is what i was looking for thanks. So no king of SPam, oh well. as for the edit, i imagine it would not count as a second posting and therefore limit the total number of posts. While this would add to quality, we still need quantity of 40 if i imagine. besides how else could I live up to my nick?

I believe that minimum number will probably only apply to quality posts. I would imagine all the "crap" posts we make will not be considered. I can also tell you from experience that the powers that be around here respect people who use the edit function much more than those who keep making another reply in order to add a thought to what they previously said.

Originally posted by StormBringer
I believe that minimum number will probably only apply to quality posts. I would imagine all the "crap" posts we make will not be considered. I can also tell you from experience that the powers that be around here respect people who use the edit function much more than those who keep making another reply in order to add a thought to what they previously said.
I appeciate the response. While i was teasing about the number of post ( with all the veterens around i doubt my chances anyway ) it is good to get the unwritten "rules" as each forum has it's own pet peeves.

Originally posted by agrav8r
I appeciate the response. While i was teasing about the number of post ( with all the veterens around i doubt my chances anyway ) it is good to get the unwritten "rules" as each forum has it's own pet peeves.

I wouldn't worry too much about us "veterans" if I were you... Just because we've been around for a while doesn't mean we've got better chances to win than you (or any other)...

As long as you write quality posts, don't mess around too much (don't post too much crap), and show a positive attitude, you'll have a serious chance at winning!

And you're quite correct about each forum having it's own "pet peeves"... Here we're not too keen on oneliners & other posts which doesn't contribute to the thread, ie. no "lol" posts & such, nor people slinging mud at others (with or without reason)...

If you have to sling mud at someone, at least do it with PM's as it won't clutter up the forum for the rest of us...

Generally people who behaves within what is normally accepted in society, and tries to help others, are welcomed with open arms :)

Hope this tells you what you wanted to know, and that you'll stick around! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back