Just added H20-120 liquid cooling kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem is my monitor won't display anything when I turn the computer on. The only thing I've done to the computer is I installed an H20-120 Compact liquid cooling kit. Now I don't know what's wrong, I have 2 graphics cards X1650 Pro and I can't get either one to work the computer powers on just no video. The power button won't shut the computer off either.

The motherboard or processor may be damaged... Try resetting the CMOS, or as a last resort, install another power supply

Obove post is accurate. When you Installed the cooling kit did you use any electronics (such as a drill) to install it. If so you may have shorcircuited your motherboard. It is also possible that you may have knocked something loose or you rmotherboard is not properly grounded. Check all the connections and screws for the motherboard.

How do I know if everything is or isn't grounded correctly How do I make sure the cooler is not being grounded.

When I take the water block off the cpu and start the computer up I still get no display.

When you install aftermarker coolers you have to be careful about how much tension you apply to the motherboard. You may have broken your board while putting on the water block.

How can I tell everything seems to work just nothing is coming up on display and the power button won't turn the computer off. Where should I start? I'll try clearing the CMOS.

"and the power button won't turn the computer off"

This is a sure sign of motherboard damage

"and the power button won't turn the computer off"

This is a sure sign of motherboard damage

Well the motherboard may be damaged yes, but this actually happened to me about two days ago and when i plugged in my computer (recently taken apart and put back together by me) it turned on and stayed on and the power button would not turn it off. I opened the case again and found that the motherboard was not grounded properly meaning i simply missed one of the screws (oops) and the board was sliiiiigghtly sideways. I tightened this screw down and it was all fixed.

You either have a broken motherboard
Loose connection somewhere after the cooling kit was installed
Or your board is not grounded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back