Just bought a new card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyker

Upgraded from a 128mb 9600 ati card to the ati radeon x1650 512mb

I hooked it up, used the CD let it install all the crap and downloaded the drivers, my computer since then is now sluggish, All my windows and internet windows are moving sluggish with a wavy effect, when I try to run WoW it tells me it couldn't find a suitable display device, so I have no idea wtf the deal is....

It's taking me almost 30 mins to navigate here and finally make a damn thread

Sounds like you've either installed incorrect or incompatible drivers, or have caused a conflict by doubling up on drivers from the CD and a website.

Whatever the source, uninstall your current drivers, consider using something along the lines of Driver Cleaner, and navigate to/download your drivers here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If you're still experiencing issues, revert to an older set of drivers or see if there's a copy of Omega drivers for your setup.

Sounds like your onboard is still enable or you install the wrong drivers. Uninstall the drivers, use driver cleaner, install the new drivers with the new card, and make sure your onboard is disable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back