Just bought my first CD off iTunes

SNGX1275

I bought The Cardigans - Gran Turismo last night from iTunes for $9.99. I remember wanting to buy it sometime around 98 or 99 but I didn't for some reason. Then last night I heard 'My favourite game' on WOXY fm's stream.
I was pretty impressed at the simplicity of buying/dling/burning it and the quality sounds just as good to me as if I would have bought the real stamped cd.
Anyone else bought stuff off of iTunes? Thoughts?

I dislike iTunes.

I like Napster better, it's in WMA format which means I can play them with Windows Media Player :D

Ya I'd rather have the orgional 'stamped' cd from the store.. seems like paying>>downloading>>burning would be much more of a hassel. Maybe if it was a better deal, but for $10 thats about what they cost in the store!

Also SubK: "...it's in WMA format which means I can play them with Windows Media Player" doesnt make much sence :confused:

Tough to find that in a store around here, to have a chance for getting it around $10 I'd have to go to Best Buy or some such, and the closest one is a 2 hour drive away. And Gas (petrol) is getting expensive for here. If I could find that cd around here at a local place it would cost me at least $15, and more likely $17.

iTunes sells you music in its proprietary ACC format.

Problem is, I can only play that in [Quick]SlowTime. Napster sells them to me in WMA format so it goes along with the MP3s I already have.

In short, iTunes is a pain in the arse.

I think paying .99 cents a song is silly. You don't get the real CD or the booklet... Which are really the cool things about buying music in the first place.

I think .50 a song would be more reasonable. :)

It is cooler than buying CDs though, since you get to sit at home and navigate your armchair rather than deal with stores etc... And also you don't have to buy the whole album, if there's only 1 song you like.

You guys have valid points. But for basically I got an album for $10 legally that I'd have spent $15.99 or more to purchase, plus another ~$15 in gasoline to get there. Now I have also been known to aquire many cds :)... without paying for them. But you know, sometimes you want to do something the "right" way.

Hehe. I like buying them online because I can't drive and no one will take the time to drive me.

It's also on-demand. :D

Back