Just built a new pc... but

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built a new pc and I can't get it to turn on. I've checked numerous times to make sure all the cables were connected properly. The led on the mobo, aswell as my keyboard lights are lit, but it won't turn on.

I'm trying to run...
EVGA 780i mobo
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850
4gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer RAM 800 mhz (1gb x4)
2x 150gb Western Digital Raptor Harddrives
2x EVGA 8800 GT Graphics Cards
Ultra X3 ULT40070 1600-Watt Power Supply (I believe this was pointless..for now)

I've took everything out of the case and set on piece of cardboard and tried to power it with just the mobo, cpu, cpu fan, one stick of RAM, and one video card but still no luck. The motherboard has a power and reset button on it, but it wouldn't start the computer either. And now I am fresh out of ideas. If anyone can offer some advice I'd greatly appreciate any help.

not sure if this helps,

but when i tried building this pc, i had the same problem, all lights lit up and all but no post, it was an evga 590.

turns out, the mobo was bad and i replaced it with an asus m2n-e 570 and everything worked as projected.

not dumping on evga here at all, just pointing out that i had the same experience as you did and it turned out to be a bad mobo. (even tho the indicator lights would come on)

You used the motherboard standoffs, correct? I'm only asking because you didn't mention it.

Do you have another power supply to test with? If you do and its power rating (wattage and amps) is lower than the Ultra, make sure you remove the extra 8800GT card for testing purposes.

Alright, thanks. I'm kinda weary about sending off the motherboard right now though.

As for motherboard standoffs, yup. Used them everywhere possible. The only other powersupply I have is a older 750watt. I'll have to find a 20 to 24 pin adaptor aswell as a 4 to 8 pin one. So I guess I'll hit up Newegg, and wait a few days to test out my other psu.

Thanks for your input!

Alright, I got the adaptors earlier today and it still doesn't fire up. Guess I'll have to send the mobo back.

mmhh yeeh it cud be the mobo but it also cud be the psu u got also have u connected ALL the atx connecters on ur mobo because some mobos wont start up until all power connecters on the mobo are in place so make sure u have covered this area.

But i think sending the mobo is prob the best idea since everythign u have tried hasnt worked.

I tried a different PSU that I know works, and it didn't start. But yeah, I did get all the connectors on the motherboard. Thanks.

Double check CPU is seated correctly in its socket and any CPU PSU connector is plug-in to the mobo.

Also check your PSU is turning on with this technique

CPU is seated properly and everything is wired up, I just jump started the PSU and it kicked all my fans in the case on, as well as the HDDs so now I am pretty sure I got a faulty mobo. Thankyou.

Yep, sure does sound like a dead mobo. Probably dead BIOS. You did try to reset BIOS right? (jumpers or reset button on some mobos)

well its hard breaking the news to you but yeh i think ur mobo is dead evga are having alot of issues with these new mobos of thiers. Just get an rma done and it should be all good hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back