TechSpot

Just built a new PC. No display on monitor

By ArchDukeStavros
Jan 31, 2010
  1. Hey, I just built my first PC and i believe i have everything set up properly in the case. But when i turn it on, the fans run, LED's come on, everything seems to be getting power but i get no display on my monitor. Also, i get no beeps. Any help would be appreciated. Here are my specs.
    GPU: XFX HD Radeon 4890
    Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D
    PSU: Rosewill 850W ATX12V v2.2
    RAM: Corsair XMS3 4G (2x2gb)
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2.66GHZ quad core Model BX80605I5750

2. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

To be able to hear any beeps you will require a small motherboard speaker. Do you have one?

Ensure that your monitor is properly connected to the card. Try running your system with a single stick of RAM and see whether it POSTs. Also check whether your RAM modules are occupying the slots closest to the CPU.

If it doesn't work, then I would advise you to disconnect everything and reconnect components one at a time to the motherboard and check for POST after each new addition.

3. ArchDukeStavros

ArchDukeStavros TS Rookie Topic Starter

I do have the small motherboard speaker. I have tried with a single stick of RAM. And it is occupying the slot closest to the CPU. I'll try to connecting everything once at a time. Thanks

4. ArchDukeStavros

ArchDukeStavros TS Rookie Topic Starter

Seems to be working now. Thanks

5. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

Any idea what had caused the problem? Or did reconnecting just solve the issue?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.