TechSpot

Just Cause 2 multiplayer moves closer to reality, includes Steam integration

By Russ Boswell
Dec 2, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Square Enix' chaotic sandbox adventure game, Just Cause 2, was released all the way back in 2010. The title boasted a mindlessly entertaining single-player campaign, but hasn't been "relevant" to the gaming community in a while. That's all about to...

Read more

2. Damn, that looks like a lot of fun!

3. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Booster Posts: 982   +97

LOL this is a joke right? 80% of the video showed vehicles jumping. Is this a stunt racing game or what?

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,947   +381

Its a show of concept thats over a year old. And there is much more to the game than just being able to blow other people up as well as fuel tanks. In the mod there are gametypes and such.

5. Mavrickx888

Mavrickx888 TS Member Posts: 64   +9

It's Grand Theft Auto on crack with an invincible grappling hook... it's a mindlessly fun game.

I've been keeping my eye on this mod for a while and I am extremely excited. Just Cause 2 is one of my favorite games and I've been waiting to get a bunch of friends together to go blow stuff up.

6. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Booster Posts: 982   +97

^Cool, thanks.

7. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,026   +913

This looks awesome!

8. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,263   +541

Sounds fun, I would love to using the grappling hooks to pull two player cars together online, that would just be awesome!

9. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,473   +622

Oh man oh man, I still need to try this out. One of my fav games of all time.

10. "LOL this is a joke right? 80% of the video showed vehicles jumping. Is this a stunt racing game or what?"

Just watch how you destroy the 4th satellite:

11. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Maniac Posts: 546

Ive played in several of the beta tests, its come a long way and is also alot of fun. Really looking forward to the last test and release.

12. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,178   +764

I almost forgot I had this game in my collection. I think I'll install it and play it again sometime soon and although I'm not in the least bit interested in the multiplayer side of things, I remember the single player campaign being a bit of fun. It'll be nice to play it again.

13. OliTheG

OliTheG TS Member Posts: 61   +25

And THIS, GTA fanboys, is what your precious "GTA Online" is a shamelessly bad version of.

OMG. TEH GTA ONLINE HAS 16 PLAYERS AT ONCE

JC2 has a map over 4 times as big, and JC2MP has had over 6000 players on one server during some beta tests.

It's going to be a shame when it comes out really, I loved hanging out with the devs, so down to earth. No doubt Avalanche studios will be hiring them for Mad Max.

St1ckM4n likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.