just cleaned out computer .. need help protecting it

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerkid

ok i have just recently (with help from another thread on this site ) removed a pop-up bug..i think it has been gone for about 2 hours now .... i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what i should download on my computer to help protect it..to help prevent this from happening again

here is a list of programs i already have ( i am currently usuing firefox as my default web browser) i have AVG anti-virus, zonealarm firewall, HJT, Ad-Aware SE Personal, Spybot S&D, CCleaner, and l2mfix

now if thoes are good programs to have and they will protect my computer good enough .. i would like to know which programs i should have run on start up , and how often i should schedule virus scans.

also i was wondering if i should delete some things that might be usuing alot of CPU because latly my computer has been running a little slow.. i will attach a HJT log for anyone that would like to look at it and possibly help my w/ my CPU problem or even tell me if i need to remove other viruses i still might have on my computer.

for starters disable the ipod sevirce unless you use an ipod, nor does the itunes helper

if you dont use O9 - Extra button: SBC Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yiesrvc.dll get rid of it

Also get rid of systmatic its crap, slows down your computer, unistall norton if you have it
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe

you can disable those ipod and itunes by going start -> run -> msconfig, starup , then unselect the ipod and i tuhnes helpers

Holy cow

you have componants of 2 antivirus programs runing no wonder :hotouch:

uninstall norton and avg first

also turn of your system restore !!!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back