Just enlisted...

By crazydonkey
Mar 17, 2006
  1. Hello everyone! I'm relatively new to the forum (yesterday) and I just wanted to say that this forum is a really neat place to come and learn about many facets in the computer field. I've visited other forums previously where it is next to impossible to find the information one desires. The administrators here seem to have things well organized and under control.

A little about me: I'm a 48 year old cancer survivor who has minimal experience working with newer computers and operating systems. I briefly dabbled with building a few Frankenstein PC's many years ago just around the time that Windows 98 was released and so much has changed since then. I have learned first hand that if it works it's most likely best to leave it alone as I had accidentally released the "Smoke" out of one of my CPU's a few years back! I just got a laptop computer last weekend and this weekend I will be embarking on creating a wireless high speed home network! Until now I have only accessed the internet by dial up ISP so I'm hoping there will be significant improvement! I'm glad I was turned on to this site by my best friend because because now there is another avenue for help when I need it. I'm sure I'll be spending many hours here in the upcoming days.

I'm looking forward to getting to know many of you here on the forum! I'll help those that I am able to offer assistance however it appears like I'm going to be here seeking help for myself much more than I would be helping others. I don't like taking more than I give so hopefully I'll be able to return the help I receive in some way. Have a great weekend's raining here in sunny California!

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello crazydonkey and welcome to Techspot.

Good to have you onboard.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

welcome..... from a REAL sarge.
  4. crazydonkey

crazydonkey TS Rookie Topic Starter

It's nice to know that somebody reads these things! Thank you for the warm welcome Howard and Tedster!

5. SOcRatEs

SOcRatEs TechSpot Paladin Posts: 966

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

:bounce: :grinthumb
    Kick off your shoes and make yer self at home.

Potential avatar & a funny donkey

Attached Files:

6. crazydonkey

crazydonkey TS Rookie Topic Starter

:) Thanks not only for the warm welcome SOcRatEs but for my new avatar as well! It's quite appropriate and just what I needed. I best get back to configuring my wireless home network now so ttyl! :wave:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.