Just finished IGI2

Status
Not open for further replies.

spun_1

As a first person shooter fan I would rate this pretty good.The end came kinda quick but the missions were long and somewhat challenging.The matrix was alright and the weapons were nice as you progrest so did the weapons.I wouldnt put it up their with mohaa or my favorite SOF Double Helix,but not bad .I found refreshing was the AI was'nt that dumb they could hear and see you which added a little blood pressure.The saved games were not your typical shooter either,you have to upload what youve done so far in a particular part of your mission to headquarters and the more uploads the weaker your transmiter battery got.,which averaged out to 4 saved spots per mission.So if your a shooter and cant wait for doom to get here Id recommend it.One and a half thumbs up.:grinthumb

Thanks for the info. I still have to finish off Splinter Cell first (found out from a friend that I'm on the last level now), New World Order, SOFII (which I've played through a lot of several times due to system reinstallations) and Unreal2. When I've cleared that backlog I may well take a look at this. I played the demo on my laptop (which is quite underpowered graphically speaking) and it was quite nice. So I may invest in this later on :D

spun_1, I agree with you on the games you mention as favorites. SOF II in my opinion is the best ever, along with Splinter Cell. I thought IGI 2, while not being a classic was pretty good. The one BIG problem I have with IGI 2 is, when an enemy can hit you from 10 million yards away and kill you with a pistol, and you can empty several magazines from an AK47, or M16 on him and not touch him, can't even see him. To me, that's a big flaw.

I guess my biggest disapointment so far this year has got to be Ureall II. Graphics are great, but that's about all I liked about this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back