Just flat don't know what I'm doing. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post. Hi to all and Thanks. On Sept 12 an electrical power surge hit. I restarted my computer and could not bring up my IncrediMail program. I have had IncrediMail for 9 years and have never had any problems what-so-ever. Please don't tell me what a bad program it is and I'm asking for trouble. I've heard it all. So with that said...The first thing I did was to restore back to the day before. It did not bring it back. I have uninstalled, and re-installed. I called out the Geeks and doing everything that I had already done they could not do anything except lighten my checking account by $225.00. On the same day of the power surge I had also starting using a 2.0 GB SanDisk cruzer USB. I had assigned it "J"drive. Now when I try to re-install IndrediMail a box pops up telling me that I'm installing to the J USB and it can't continue. I have removed the USB and deleted the J drive assigned. I have been told that I need to remove anything that has SanDisk from the registry. How do I do that???? Or better yet...What should I do????

Hi,

Firstly,sorry that you paid $ 225 to some disreputable people.

I would advise you to backup your Incredimail mail store before doing
anything (if you haven`t already).Look for -

C:\Documents and Settings\'username or administrator'\Local Settings\Application Data\IM

Copy that IM folder to a CD/DVD and your desktop.

Now,a question : When you try to install Incredimail, is there a "Browse"button

next to "Destination directory J:\\........." ?

If there is,just browse to "C:\\Program Files.......

If there isn`t do a computer search on "incredimail" and delete anything you find (not your IM store folder).

After that try to reinstall Incredimail.

If that fails,search the registry for 'incredimail' and delete those references -

Start/Run/type:regedit /Ok/Edit/Find.....

There are some useful tips HERE

Hi Po Girl, There is a Browse button. and it is set "C:\\ProgramFiles\IncreciMail.exe" I click to download and starting the install process is when the box pops up that says something to the effect of this: (I'm trying to remember the wording) Install can not continue, J:USB disk\incredimail.exe needs 20000 additional to complete. please remove to add more space and try again. I have deleted the J USB disk drive and the device is not even pluged in. I followed the c:\\doc set etc. and the IM is not there or any other place that I have looked. Why is the process showing J:\\USBIncrediMail.exe half way through the install? I'm just trying to install a fresh IncrediMail now. I think I've pretty much lost all the working that I had in it. Thanks for your help.

There is a good page HERE that explains about the IM folder and how to
fully uninstall Incredimail.

The link in my first post HEREgives even more detail as to how to find the IM folder.

The error message your getting indicates that not all of Incredimail has bee removed.

The only other solution is to use another email program and import

your message store.Thunderbird,Eudora and Pegasus are good programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back