Just got to college... problems with bnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Python49

When i first got here in college I was able to connect to bnet fine and play games... then I started having problems where I could join games but then as soon as the game would start, things would lag amazingly. Now ive gotten to the point where i can log on battle.net fine without any lag, i get 1 green, but whenever trying to join a game, it will say "unable to join game"... Does anyone know a way to fix this issue? Or what the problem may be?

what sort of connection do they have?

do you have any restrictions...ie...firewalls etc?

anymore info would be useful

im on a wireless network, and they apparently do something where they filter bandwidth in terms of importance. but i mean.. i can join battle net fine, and get 1 green lag.. then i just cant join a game. i figure even if they restricted my bandwidth it woudl lag in the game, but now i cant even join a game.

You beat me to it, but I was going to tell you how most colleges direct traffic in terms of importance.. HTTP traffic being the foremost.

You can bet Bnet is low on the list. ;)

The university here has over 45Gbps of bandwidth, but Battle.net tends to lag (as well as any other game) very often. The only times I was able to play games were during holidays and some weekdays very late night (early morning).

I also noticed that certain ports would open up and close regularly. Often times, I was not able to get on Bnet. Other times I could. Sometimes some of my other software would complain about firewalled ports, then other times my connection would be open... Perhaps you are experiencing something simliar?

The only way you are going to have a satisfactor Bnet experience is if you talk to whoever is in charge of your residential network and see if you can work something out.

well, the weird part is that i can connect fine, no problem.. with good 1 green latency.., but i just cant join a game. I have no way of seeing if it lags because i cant get into a game.

is there anyway to get them to just give me personal bandwidth so they dont have to give off so much bandwidth for gaming on campus? Is there any other way to get more bandwidth through similar services like HTTP tunnel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back