Just In Time Debugger error

Status
Not open for further replies.
After i installed Microsoft Visual Studio, i got this just in time debugger that will pop up at every instance when i try to launch Cricket 07 game(the game is VB based). it will allow me to debug but not to play the game.

To resolve this i searched net and set the JIT debugger key to value 0. This has now pulled up a new error where the game terminates stating that it has encountered a null reference. I have attached the error log too.

Now what should i do to set it back? Un-installing visual studio, disabling Just in time debugger does not work. Is there any way to set it right?

First, uninstall, reboot, and reinstall.
Then run a memory tester such as MemTest or MemTest86 for four hours or seven passes (whichever is longer) on one memory module at a time.

Raybay is assuming the problem is likely due to bad memory.

But the error message you indicate far more often indicates a software problem (vs. real memory problem)

I think you're best approach is to look at the collection of software (and their versions) you use to play this game and try to get info / feedback from other users familiar with the software bundles need to play the game.

Just Google Cricket 07 forums or similar terms. Here's one forum you might look into

Thank you for responding to my query and i have checked through the Cricket 07 forums. The game does not seem to have any such problems(For me the game works well for menu part as it does not use VB. When i click play VB comes in for graphics and i get the error). Its not the only this posting this problem. Another game Ashes 2009 too comes up with the same error(it also uses VB).

Though i did not use the memory tester but i am pretty sure that the problem is not with the memory.

When an instance of VB is detected, the debugger is triggered and it passes through the JIT debugger. As i have set it to null it shows the null reference error.
So i have to disable the debugger(the trigger that starts the debugging sequence).
How can i do that?(The debugger is just in time debugger of Visual Studio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back