Just need some good advice thanks

I have a msi 7751 mother board with a i5-2320 cpu and I'm about to put a NVidia gtx 1060 sc 6 gig card into my tower in about 2 days and was wondering should I upgrade my cpu my I-5 to a newer one sometimes my movies I watch stutter and freeze for a second and the audio is slow my case is old dell xps from 2008 all steel case because my old motherboard burned up in a wind storm so they put a msi motherboard into it is now going to be 2017 soon other than the upgraded vid card what should I do any tips and help please oh-yeah it still has the original power supply from the dell 450 volts I think I wasted a lot of money on this my baby I call her lol might as well be a sports car I had a 660ti in her then I bought a 740gt and now I figured out what gt and gtx means I have a decent vid card coming to play all the new games on high or ultra-so thanks and I hope someone reply’s with some good tips and help thanks I also just bought a new 4k tv and I will be saving up to buy the oculus rift cv1 soon when it goes down to 450 bucks us if ever I bought the dv1 used it for half life and roller coaster stuff but I need the new one and I have 8 gigs of ram I have windows 10 pro 64 bit should I also upgrade my ram just wondering thanks

Lets start with punctuation. It was a little bit of a challenge to read your statement / question, without any punctuation being used. It helps to use it, especially when you need assistance and are asking for help.

In my opinion, you will need to swap out the dated Dell 450 watt power supply with something newer and better suited for handling all of the newer parts you are using. You may be able to use the Dell power supply with the new GTX 1060 power supply, but you probably should not. You run the risk of causing problems to the new hardware and it may not run correctly (possible blue screens, more freezes and crashes).
You talk about purchasing the Oculus Rift CV1 in your statement / question. The recommended PC requirements to correctly run the Oculus Rift are as follows:
  • NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290 equivalent or greater
  • Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
  • 8GB+ RAM
  • Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
  • 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port
  • Windows 7 SP1 64-bit or newer
You may be able to make due with your current Intel i5 2320 cpu, by overclocking it (if your motherboard allows for that), but that is going to produce more heat and you will need to ensure that your desktop case has proper ventilation. Picking up an aftermarket cpu cooler will help also, because using the cpu cooler that is included with the the i5's are not that good of quality to be used with overclocking. You could also purchase a newer i5 that meets the requirements, and not have to worry about putting extra stress on your current hardware.
If you are having current freezes, I would diagnose that problem before installing new hardware. Might suggest when you get your new GTX 1060, to go ahead and backup anything you might want to save, and format the hard drive and re-install Windows 10. It will reduce (if not eliminate) the stress of diagnosing the freezing / stuttering issue.

I tried overclocking on the same board I have now and it fried the motherboard but luckily the people that put it in had 30 day repair warranty so I took it back in and had them install a new board lol I think I'm just going to get a newer i5 or i7 for my L1151 socket that sounds better then overclocking it sorry for my horrible grammar can you recommend a good cpu to replace my old i5 and fits my mobo? thanks for the great advice much appreciated

Back