Just new to computers and need a bit of help

By hiya_101
Dec 31, 2007
  1. Hi fellas, my name is Sean, I have a new laptop,and Im pretty new to setting up programs and getting this thing up and running properly.
    I have an Acer Aspire 5520, All I'm really interested in using this machine for is downloading movies and music and e-mail, but Im dead sure that I am going to be learning alot as I go along my cyber journey to finding the best site to download from and all the right programs to run, and maybve I might learn which ones I don't need, and I can clean some of the extras I dont use.
    Anyway how fellas I thought I would just give a quick hello, and tell y'all a little about my system and what I use it for...
  2. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

Hiya Hiya_101

Welcome to Techspot! Please update your system specs in your user profile. That way, if you've any questions, people can revert to that in an instant.

Other than that, enjoy your stay! :wave:
  3. hiya_101

hiya_101 TS Rookie Topic Starter

well like I said im not really up to date on all the computer lingo, and system operating details. In fact what I know is that I have an Acer laptop, Aspire 5520, it has all the stuff in it that Im looking for in a computer. Like I said Im interested in downloading movies, music and games.
    So I'll go in to my profile and state the facts I do know that my computer has. Thx for your welcome to TechSpot. Can recommend any sites to download movies for free, and a good burner to run with Vista...?
    I have a fella coming over on Thursday to help me figure out some of the glitches this machine has, like the screen goes all crazy , mosaic like, weird stuff man...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.