Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBNSB

i just got my motherboard RMA'd after a power outage. i plugged it and when i powered it on a spark flew from my video card. so i knew that my video card was probbably fried so i bought a brand new 8800 GT. plugged everything in again started it up and. nothing there is not a video signal at all... my mother board being a EVGA 680i A1 has a cool little DEBUG led and all im getting on it is ( - - ) when my computer was up and running i usally got (FF) witch i checked on the manual is Boot.
since i get a Random ( - - ) that is not even in my mother board manual i think that it might be dead on arrival. the computer powers up and my fans start running, my brand new graphics card starts up and the mobo lights come on.... another thing about the mother board lights. when i would start up my computer before i had the power outage i would only get a BLUE led which would come on when there was power to the system and a Green light that would come on when i powered on. now i get those two and a orange one that i think hads a label of [J].

if anyone can help me out with this.

the things that ive done.

I reset the bios using a jumper that my mobo manual said.
I took out the board and re set it in my case.
I made sure that all my connections were good.

while i wait for an reply from someone i am going to reset my CPU on the mother board.

Well, it is likely dead, but dead due to what happened, rather than dead upon arrival.

yea im gonna try see if EVGA will just send me a new one. if not im just gonna have to buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back