just scanned my daughters pc is it ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Unfortunately your daughters system is infected with the BLAXE and LOGPOLE virus.

Is this anything to do with your other thread in this forum?

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of bufdaman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hi no the other one is my pc. ive done the other bit already and renamed the hjt and included the avg in the above post

Ok then, just continue with the instructions above for your daughters system.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of bufdaman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

PartyGaming.Net
PartyPokerNet
pacificpoker
stanjamesgibMPP

Close control panel.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

DirectX Service (DirectPavb)<Disable the service name and/or the name in brackets.

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

directx.exe
RunPF.exe
pacificpoker.exe
MPPoker.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: Stan James Poker.com Poker - {7F2F6F5A-CAE2-4954-A461-36B3757B2BFB} - C:\Program Files\stanjamesgibMPP\MPPoker.exe

O9 - Extra button: PacificPoker - {94EDF7B4-4272-4af3-8F8B-4E2F68E225B7} - C:\PROGRA~1\PACIFI~1\pacificpoker.exe

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.net - {F4430FE8-2638-42e5-B849-800749B94EED} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming.Net\PartyPokerNet\RunPF.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.net - {F4430FE8-2638-42e5-B849-800749B94EED} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming.Net\PartyPokerNet\RunPF.exe (file missing)

O16 - DPF: {45A0A292-ECC6-4D8F-9EA9-A4BD411D24C1} (king.com) - http://www.king.com/ctl/kingcomie.cab

O16 - DPF: {A364AF35-0CDF-41E8-8F3B-E0E55E15EBA1} (Zenturi Active Programs Control) - http://www.programchecker.com/dll/nixon.cab

O23 - Service: DirectX Service (DirectPavb) - Unknown owner - c:\windows\system32\directx.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

c:\windows\system32\directx.exe
C:\Program Files\PartyGaming.Net<Delete the entire folder.
C:\PROGRA~1\PACIFI~1<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\stanjamesgibMPP<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your daughters system is running.

Here is some info on the poker files in question.
pacificpoker.exe
MPPoker.exe
RunPF.exe<--I can find no specific info for this file, but wouldn`t want it running on my system. I wouldn`t be at all surprised to find it`s just as bad as the two above.

hi ive just checked and pacificpoker.exe is the programm i use, its the 888.com actual software for playing poker online and the mppoker.exe is the stan james poker software which i also use

Did you click on the links I gave you in my post above?

If you did, you should`ve seen that the pacificpoker.exe and MPPoker.exe are both classed as bad. If you`re still prepared to have them running on your daughters system, that`s upto you. However, I have to say it`d be better to get rid of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back