Just shutsdown. is this Descriptive enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system

MSI Neo 2
478- P4 3Ghz Straight no overclocks nothing.
450 stock PSU
2 HDs
128 6900 Radeon
2 CD-Roms
1GB of DDR 4200 300 ram

Story:
Comp was working fine... than out of nowhere bam shutdown! Ok.... happens.. no big deal start again... :cool:
Ok works! 20 min bam shutdown! :confused: Ok... I look inside looks like heat sink is full with dust... ok no problem.. :) . took it out washed it.. let it dry over night... put it back in .... OK! works.... .5 min... bam shut down...???!!! WTF?? went in to BIOS... PC health... Case temp.. 32C.. CPU temp 41C ok... . no problem.. always ran a little hot... ok... than.. CPU temp starts going up... 45... 47...49....51......bam shut down!??? God damn it! :dead: AHHH I washed all the silver compound off!! :blush: there we go let me put some on... OK now should work just fine. Turn on... 10sec ..bam shut down! WTF!!! :hotbounce ok... fine maybe something is wrong... checked everything ... nothing is overheating ...heatsink on CPU is cold... video card is cold... PSU is cold... ok lets try again.... turn on.... WORKS!!! worked for about 7 min bam shut down!

What do I do guys..?? this is getting a little bit too much...
Note: Everytime system shuts down I can not start it over with power button. I have to turn off and back on switch on the back. Also note that shutdown times are all different.. Sometimes it works for 2 min and sometimes it works for 10sec.Most of the times I can not get in to the windows to run diags. When I do load windows... ..any program I start... in windows... it shuts down right away.

any ideas?

What psu (power supply unit) have you got and what wattage is it? You will have to look at the label on the side of it for that info.

reapply that thermal grease. reseat the cpu and the heatsink if needed. check that the cpu fan is functioning properly by leaving the case open and then turning on your pc. also airflow ok?

by the way.. you have a slim chance of damage to the cpu when you attempted to run it without thermal stuff.. you'll need to get the cpu checked at a shop to confirm this, but lets hope its not :) so we'll start with the other hardware, such as the one rik mentions.......

N3051M said:
reapply that thermal grease. reseat the cpu and the heatsink if needed. check that the cpu fan is functioning properly by leaving the case open and then turning on your pc. also airflow ok?

by the way.. you have a slim chance of damage to the cpu when you attempted to run it without thermal stuff.. you'll need to get the cpu checked at a shop to confirm this, but lets hope its not :) so we'll start with the other hardware, such as the one rik mentions.......

ok...
1-PSU 450 W stock ... i dont know the details

2-got plenty of grease on it.

3-fans and all that stuff working good. case is opened

4-CPU perfect. no prob

UEA said:
ok...
1-PSU 450 W stock ... i dont know the details

I'm going to guess that this is your problem right here. Do you by chance have another PSU you can put in there to test? I know most people don't.

Try downloading and running speedfan:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/547-speedfan.html

and telling us what it is reporting your voltages as on the 3.3v, 5v and 12v lines.

Also as Rik above already asked you to do, open up your case and have a look at the sticker on the PSU. We need to know who makes it, and how many amps it has on the 12v rail.

Problem has been solved and everything is fixed! I thank all of you for your reply.

Bought new PSU. 550W. System works faster and with no problem.

UEA said:
Problem has been solved and everything is fixed! I thank all of you for your reply.

Bought new PSU. 550W. System works faster and with no problem.

I'm glad you got it fixed.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back