Just want ur opinion (case fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oh_aye

i have an intake fan at the front of my pc, then i have a fan at the back of the case, but it is pointing inwards, i didnt install this back case fan btw, i think they are meant to shoot air out of the case rather than back in, wots the point in front case fan blowing air to the back, then the other case fan blowing it back to the front. Anyway jus wanted to ask if there was any point turning it around to blow air out, because i have fan cages and the one at the back is an absolute a** to get off. Its mega tite, always end up hurtin my thumbs. Cheers :)

in a word....yes

the general consensus is that fans draw air through the front of the case and blow it out the back- so the front ones suck air in and the back ones blow it out. :grinthumb

Well the front one is used to bring cold air in while the back one is used to blow hot air out, so cool air is being pused over your components as the useless hot air is pushed out.

gamingmage said:
Well the front one is used to bring cold air in while the back one is used to blow hot air out, so cool air is being pused over your components as the useless hot air is pushed out.

Just look at the date of this thread.

Yeah I know. I`ve posted in old threads before today as well lol.

Regards Howard :haha:

(Just in case you still haven't done this yet, or isn't convinced by the other guys) LoL dude, turn that back fan around. Front fans are meant to draw air in and rear fans are mean to blow air out, thus creating a nice flow of (hopefully) cool air from the front of your case to the back, cooling everything in your computer. Two intake fans w/ no exhaust will cause air turbulence and the air is forced to escape through tiny holes in your case, or the pressure from the two fans could potentially cancel out, resulting in no air movement. If that happens, you're screwed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back