TechSpot

Just wanted to say Hello

By teripodolak
Feb 24, 2007
  1. Hi. I am new here and just wanted to stop by.

I am getting my self RE-INTRODUCED to the computer since my stroke. I had a gastric bypass that leaked the first time it was done. Had to be redone a couple of days later, and then 12 hours after I went home from the Naval Hospital I was back there with a Brain Hemmorage that caused me to have a stroke, which had me in a nursing home and rehab for 3 months & thus caused me to "forget" some of my computer skills...mainly my programing ones....BIG SIGH...so I am bound and determined to RELEARN all of them...no matter HOW LONG it take me!!!! So with a little help...from all of you...I will get there one of these days! Hope you all have some patience for that!

Also, I just got out of the hospital for a second time...under went 2 more surgeries for a double hernia and an abdominalplasty...and I still have one of the bikini line drains in place, so I still have some pain...however minor. I will be going back to my mom's in Minnesota for recovery as soon as the drain is taken out. Don't know when that will be.

I would just like to say thanks in advance for all of your help and patience.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

3. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Rookie Posts: 2,407   +6

Hi, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Regards :)

4. teripodolak

teripodolak TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks you guys....I am sure I will be much better real soon. :) !

Feeling better every day!!!

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

Sorry to hear about the stroke. My father has had several. It's tough for me because I am not able to be home to take care of him. I have my wife and I am also in Iraq.

6. teripodolak

teripodolak TS Rookie Topic Starter

Oh Dang...I am so sorry to hear that....Ya, I can sypathize with you there. My dh is on shore duty at the moment. He is home every day now.

He is rebuilding his Camero. Long story...I won't go into it. Let's just say I am not holding my breath until it is RUNNING! Then I will give my opinion.

I wish you all the luck in the world!

Teri

7. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

thanks. We try to avoid the mortars over here. Techspot gives a little relief.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.