today i built a computer containing:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Skt 754
Asus K8V SE
1GB DDR Ram
ATI Sapphire Radeon 9600XT
Maxtor 80gb 133ATA HDD
Sony DVD/CD
400W PSU

All the parts work fine mechanically. But when i turn on the PC the Asus logo comes up and crashes. If i hold "Del" it says "initializing USB controller" and crashes. if i hold F2 at the Asus Logo screen the screen just goes blank. The HDD is brand new with nothing on it, it doesn't recognise my Windows 2000 boot disks before it crashes.

Please someone help me! It wud be much appreciated!

No beeps? Perhaps your RAM is conflicting with your motherboard, have you tried a different brand of RAM?

Nope the RAM is fine. apparently my mate says its probably just a fault with the motherboard, like the USB controller or summet. Im just going to send it to micro direct to sort out. lol.

ok today i took the m/board back to the store and they tested it out. and sed it was "dead" lol. I've got a replacement one now, I've hooked it all up, but the keyboard wont light up and the screen wont turn on. im guessing theres a jumper i need to change or something. Maybe not plugged something in, but i've checked everything and they seem to be in. Anyone got any suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back