K8V SE Deluxe RAM Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all =)

I am having a computer custom built with a K8V SE Deluxe motherboard put in; I wanted some info on the board, so I googled it and went here:

http://reviews.pimprig.com/motherboards/asus_k8vse_deluxe_a64_motherboard.php

It will have 3 512 meg sticks of DDR ram put into it...but here is where the problem comes in...One section of the site reads as follows:

"Here's an interesting thing with the RAM slots; where you place your RAM will dictate the RAM speed. For example, if I place a stick of double sided RAM in DIMM1, I get DDR 400. If I add another stick of RAM in DIMM2 or 3, I still get 400. But if I place those same two sticks of RAM in only DIMM2 and DIMM3, I would end up with DDR 200 speed. If I filled all three slots up with double sided RAM, I would still only have DDR 200 speed. The max speed that can be achieved with all three slots filled is DDR 333..."

Is this true!? I hope not =( because I think it would cost me more to get a 1 gig stick rather than 2 512 sticks...

To get all three sticks to work at ddr400 I did the folowing, with 3 sticks of DDR400 1GB Micron Memory,

1 Go into the bios set up then to the Advanced tab
2 Then go to Memory configuration
3 Go to Memory Lock code
4 Go to Auto the the enter key arrow down and change it from auto to Limit the go down the menu to [2:1 DDR400)] select that and then exit and save changes and reboot and all you memory should run at DDR400.

This worked for me.

Hope this helps
dromero53@yahoo.com

the asus k8v se deluxe will only run at ddr333 when you insert 3 sticks of ram and I think it's only when it's single sided (not sure on this one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back