TechSpot

K8V SE Deluxe RAM Speed

By TempleDwarf
Mar 10, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all =)

I am having a computer custom built with a K8V SE Deluxe motherboard put in; I wanted some info on the board, so I googled it and went here:

http://reviews.pimprig.com/motherboards/asus_k8vse_deluxe_a64_motherboard.php

It will have 3 512 meg sticks of DDR ram put into it...but here is where the problem comes in...One section of the site reads as follows:

"Here's an interesting thing with the RAM slots; where you place your RAM will dictate the RAM speed. For example, if I place a stick of double sided RAM in DIMM1, I get DDR 400. If I add another stick of RAM in DIMM2 or 3, I still get 400. But if I place those same two sticks of RAM in only DIMM2 and DIMM3, I would end up with DDR 200 speed. If I filled all three slots up with double sided RAM, I would still only have DDR 200 speed. The max speed that can be achieved with all three slots filled is DDR 333..."

Is this true!? I hope not =( because I think it would cost me more to get a 1 gig stick rather than 2 512 sticks...

2. fishhookz

fishhookz TS Rookie Posts: 177

The first thing you should read is the mobo site at ASUS.

3. dromero53

dromero53 TS Rookie

To get all three sticks to work at ddr400 I did the folowing, with 3 sticks of DDR400 1GB Micron Memory,

1 Go into the bios set up then to the Advanced tab
    2 Then go to Memory configuration
    3 Go to Memory Lock code
    4 Go to Auto the the enter key arrow down and change it from auto to Limit the go down the menu to [2:1 DDR400)] select that and then exit and save changes and reboot and all you memory should run at DDR400.

This worked for me.

Hope this helps
    dromero53@yahoo.com

4. PUTALE

PUTALE TS Rookie Posts: 178

the asus k8v se deluxe will only run at ddr333 when you insert 3 sticks of ram and I think it's only when it's single sided (not sure on this one).

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.