TechSpot

Kapture wristband records the last minute of audio with a simple tap

By Shawn Knight
Sep 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Talk. Tap. Share. That’s the motto behind a new project on Kickstarter called Kapture, an always-on wristband that allows users to save and share the last 60 seconds of audio it records. With a simple tap, the past minute is...

Read more
  2. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,669   +59

Lol every stoners dream
    RenGood08 likes this.
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,915   +363

Honestly I think this would be cool if it had a 3.5mm output jack, so it was a multi-function device, a recorder and type of wristband for your ipod without having to actually strap your ipod to your arm.
  4. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,166   +241

This sounds pretty useless I could see it being used by a small market it would be bigger if it was a 5min capture instead of 1min.
  5. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,075   +76

In those 12 states, you would only need to let someone know they were being recorded if there were a reasonable expectation of privacy. In public, there is no such expectation.
    treetops likes this.
  6. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Booster Posts: 967   +97

$75?! Oh god. What a waste of money. It's ugly, and once people know what it does they'll be careful what they say around you (assuming they want to be around you at all), and it's ugly.

It's good if you want to catch people in lies, or talking crap about someone, but eventually you'll be found out, and the thing will sit in a drawer for eternity.
  7. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,551   +97

Pointless gimmick, like the majority of kickstarter gadgets.
  8. I can only see nagging wives and girlfriends getting this to capture every word you say to use against you in an argument.
    Also, again, admins, please check your captcha provider, go through another security media or tell them they cray. Security is one thing, typing a novel to post a comment is another.
  9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,034   +738

A more useless gimmick I'm yet to hear of.
  10. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Maniac Posts: 356   +40

I once installed a custom ROM for my android phone which included a call recorder. I enjoyed using it for awhile. There is nothing like proving to yourself that you aren't going crazy by replaying a call and confirming what was said. I would only consider buying this if it was more discrete and it could stream constantly to your phone.

I'm also glad I'm not in a state that requires consent of others to record a conversation. What a BS law. Even though Windig0 states that the law only applies if there is reason to believe privacy was expected, I don't want it left to some judge to determine what a reasonable expectation of privacy is. Although I'd really love to see the advancement of technology to the point where images and audio can be extracted from human memory, I can't possible fathom that being possible in my lifetime. I wouldn't be shocked but I still can't actually fathom it. I'd also highly anticipate comical legislature outlawing the remembrance of a memory without consent of all parties involved. It would be a truly natural evolution to the current consent law.
  11. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 191   +13

....Yeah...On a scale of 1-10...what is the valuable use of this product....-5.

12. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash TS Rookie Posts: 125   +35

Now every time I find an audio log in a game that was recorded just before that character died, I'll pretend that they were using one of these.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.