Karbonn's upcoming smartphone will run both Android and Windows Phone

By Scorpus
Mar 3, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Karbonn Mobile might not be a household name outside of India, but the company is looking to do something no other smartphone manufacturer has done yet: produce a handset that dual-boots both Android and Windows Phone.

Read more
  2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,422   +470

They havent tried for a reason :p

I'm not sure I'll get a low end phone to dual boot into windows phone, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Nor a WP user will get one of those to dual boot into android, it doesn't make sense either.

Unless, the integration between Windows is actually made into the phones OS so you'll eventually be running not WP but Windows in a phone, in which case a dual boot into android makes a tiny bit of sense, still not much.
  3. Maximum Payne

Maximum Payne TS Rookie

I don't know for you but I would like something like that for my next phone .I don't care if its random brand.
  4. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Evangelist Posts: 594   +50

Yeah, they really need to take advantage of WP 8.1's on-screen keys rather than having the awkward WP hardware keys along with the Android on-screen keys.
  5. GhostRyder

GhostRyder You know, that one guy with the PC Posts: 2,189   +589

Now this is a good idea, I think having phones where you can choose the operating system is a good thing in my book.
  6. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,422   +470

Well you actually pick a phone because of it's OS, right?
  7. GhostRyder

GhostRyder You know, that one guy with the PC Posts: 2,189   +589

Yea but I just mean same phone different OS is a nice option because it does not force you to other (Albeit Similar) devices if you like the phone but don't like the OS. I think if most phones worked like that already (Many do or are starting) then it will be a great improvement on the mobile market.
  8. kamz999

kamz999 TS Rookie Posts: 22

The crazier the better... all other sensible things have been tried out...
  9. Teko03

Teko03 TS Maniac Posts: 302   +104

Agreed. I thought WP 8.1's support for on-screen soft keys was the reason that out of the blue a manufacturer decided to build a dual booted "Windroid Phone". But to my surprise they aren't even taking advantage of it, unless this is just a random render.