TechSpot

kaspersky proactive detects keylogger

By ejames82
Feb 2, 2007
  1. today i upgraded my kaspersky. this time i enabled advanced proactive defense. immediately after the final reboot i received a pop-up saying that a keylogger is detected. the location, according to the pop-up is driver\SSKBFD. obviously, i don't want a keylogger. is this a file that i can delete? should i delete it? since i am typing this, the keylogger knows that i am on to him. can the keylogger move to a new location in my computer? how would you knowledgeable guys deal with this situation? Ed James

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

I would run other scans free from Panda, Computer Associates, AVG, and so-on... but not those from McAfee or Symantec... sort of getting second opinion... then look at the solutions they offer.
    But you should also look at the stuff online in a Google search as some problems will be posted there which you may not find here.

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

The SSKBFD.sys file(belongs to spysweeper) detected by PDM as KEYLOGGER. It is safe and you should add it to the trusted zone.

In other words it`s a false positive picked up by Kaspersky.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of ejames82 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

4. ejames82

ejames82 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 139

raybay,
    i agree. i have always scanned with numerous other engines, and i must admit, mcafee and symantec also. none have ever detected a keylogger. i will try it again, which is common practice by me anyway, but i doubt they will find the keylogger. i will also get on the kaspersky labs forum, which i am already a member of. maybe the folks there can give me helpful information. thanks, Ed James

howard,
    you're correct again. i should have recognized that, but didn't. you save the day again, thanks, Ed James

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

No problem mate. I`d never heard of it before, but a quick Google search soon cleared things up. ;)

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of ejames82 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.