Keep 9800pro & buy IntelHT 3Ghz & 4xAGP MB or buy 6600gt 4 good performance in games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

numan

I am very confuse about my system. I have recently bought MSI Radeon 9800pro 128Mb (RX9800pro TD-128).
My system spec is

Intel celeron D 2.4GHz (256kb chace)
MSI Motherboard AGP 4x.
300W powersupply.
512Mb Kingstone DDR 400 bus

I am not getting good performance from my card. I instaled the latest drivers form ATI and control center (5.7 Catlyst). In Medal of Honor-PA game On medium settings 800*600 resolution I only get 10-30 FPS in palying game. But on its Menu game there are 60-100 FPS. My game hangs a little when an enemy come in screen and FPS falls from 30 to 17.
In Battel field 2 I run the game on low garfics at 800*600 and there r only 10-18 FPS.
How can i get constant FPS. I want to get good performance on medium settings and minimum 22-35 FPS in new games.
I am worrying about my system. I bought 3dCard only 4 days ago. Is it due to my PC spec.
What should I do.

1. Upgrade my processor to Intel Penteum 4 HT 3.02 Ghz (1 mb chache) and buy a AGP 8x motherboard (like intel GBF)

OR

2. Buy Geforce 6600gt and plug it in to my present system.

I want to get good performance.

AGP 8x 3dcard is better or PCI express 3dcard is better for gaming? Plz describe the features of both.

PLZ help me I am very much tense about this issue. Plz help me for taking a right decission.

celeron and 4x. Oh dear. Id go for your first solution my friend. Mate has that card and has no problems at all.

I remember him saying on unreal tournment and latest games (Im not into games) He could put everything on full and have no problems except when put anti liasing on x4. At least thats what i remember. The figures your giving out do sound rather low for what ive hear about that card.

danielb said:
I remember him saying on unreal tournment and latest games (Im not into games) He could put everything on full and have no problems except when put anti liasing on x4. At least thats what i remember. The figures your giving out do sound rather low for what ive hear about that card.

This is why i m surprised with this. Whenever and where ever i see the R9800pro is a good card. In toms hardware site i saw that the card is giving 40.2 FPS in Farcry at high settings and 1024*768 resolution. But i cant see that performance on mine. Whats the matter.

I aint gonna say it again! lol. ^ He's right in a way. AMD's are better for gaming. The P4 3.0 HT 800mhz wont give you any problems though.

Any AMD 64 will do 3.0ghz + all you do in regards to getting a mobo is make sure it supports 8x AGP and at least the PC3200 ram speed you have. I think newer AMD's have a faster bus speed now too.

Option 1

You could get in an Intel / Athlon war on the subject, but for the money you would invest in another video card, just get an Athlon 64 3000+ (make sure it's socket 939) and a motherboard for it. While you're at it, put another 512MB of ram and you should be set for quite a while, and all for under $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back