Keep deleting .rar files and the keep coming back Help

By Twentyways
Jan 30, 2008
  1. I am running
    windows xp professional sp2
    Dell Deminsion 8400

pentium 4 3,40ghz

1 gb ram

I dont know how this happened i recently restored my system with a ctrl f11 and restored it back to original. It must be something i downloaded, because it only opens or reappears in my ares shared folder.. i checked my windows folder and my system 32 for any new files added and so far nothing strange. winrar never opens up and shows it is putting the files back they just reappear in my shared folder after a while . I checked my services and my processes running. Tell the truth i don't see anything funny activated but some of the extensions are foreign looking to me anyways lol. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Twentyways

Twentyways TS Rookie Topic Starter

anyone have an idea???:(

3. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

Follow the directions HERE and HERE.

It does sound like you may be infected. Also, what are the names of these .rar files?

4. Twentyways

i deleted them but they were keys for programs like adobe i can post them when they pop up again.

5. Twentyways

programs running

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.