Keep getting bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.
system:
mobo: asus p4p800 deluxe
ati 9800 pro
p4 2.8ghz
winxp pro

my comp recently started to get bsod about 3 times a day. I dont know wat really wrong with my comp but i do think its a hardware problem. i ran memtest+ and the ram seems fine. this is one of the error i get
Error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 80042000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

sometimes i get IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

i think i might have something to do with the video card but i cant tell b/c i dont have a spare card to test with my system.

If you can go to Start>Control Panel>administrative tools> Event viewer, and look in the "System" link. Look for any error signs or warnings. Might say Unexpected shutdown, or even Bugcheck. Post the Event ID and the Source.

Research

Alright, I did some research for you. I found that there are a lot of different things this could be. The IRQ error your getting comes from a device driver. What new hardware/Driver updates have you performed? Another possible Error I saw was faulty memory. I went to EventID.net and looked up your exact error code. They state "Either bad Driver, or Memory". If you could post any recent software/driver installs, new hardware ect. Its that or replacement of your memory. Please post responses

gavinseabrook thx for your help

I haven't installed anything new recently (hardware or software). It just started goin bsod on me about a week ago. I'll try to run another memtest when i get the chance to see if the memory is at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back