kernel32.dll problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatalpastry

so my computer used to run F.E.A.R. when it was new however now its 3 years old and ive upgraded to core2 duo e6600 and nvidea 8800gts since then but i think ever since ive used programs such as poweriso and deamontools/alchohol 120% ive had this problem im not sure what its done to my hardrive or what but ive reformatted since the last time this game wouldnt run and now it wont run now

no idea really whats wrong other then the report saying its a kernel32.dll error and when ive talked to those people in Bombay india for the tech support they couldnt figure it out one of them suggested that windows kernel file might be corrupt and i should reformat but that would be a major pain in the *** not even worth it for this game probably some of the report data is

Code: 0xc000008c flags: 0x00000000
record: 0x000000000000000 adress: 0x000000007c8ee92b

then theres a crapload of other information but just hoping if any one knows about this problem and might know what i could do thanks

From what I can gather, a bugcheck of 8C is usually associated with a graphics card driver issue.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your card.

Regards Howard :)

hmm im kinda lost on getting that mem test to boot lol i mount it on poweriso and i just get a readme saying go to bootsector?

yes i game a lot and i always check to make sure i have the most updated drivers, however now when i boot my computer i cant get explorer.exe to run. pretty sure this is becuase of zone alarm blocking something but now its just messed up and i tried to repair windows with the install disk so the files should be alright.

i was going to reformat now or is there an easy fix to this?

A reformat might be a good idea, it would rule out a software problem. However, before doing a format, you should still test your hard drive and ram as suggested by tweaks_sav.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back