keyboard acting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

conradguerrero

Okay, this has happened twice so far, I'm using a word processor or typing in a web browser. Then, for no reason the smart keys turn on, you know, when you press 'e' I gor to exploring windows, etc. The only way I've stopped it is to restart.

my os is windows 98se.

Originally posted by conradguerrero
Okay, this has happened twice so far, I'm using a word processor or typing in a web browser. Then, for no reason the smart keys turn on, you know, when you press 'e' I gor to exploring windows, etc. The only way I've stopped it is to restart.

I have no idea on why this happens, but hitting the windowskey once has helped me in the past...

Is this an MS Natural Keyboard Pro? If it is, check the keyboard software, I think you can turn it off from there.

i have that keyboard:)
all it did was make hibernating and standby unusable...:mad:

damn microsoft, their own driver messes up their own OS (XP Home)

i dont recall the keyboards software to have that kind of option...

Maybe you have Accesibility Options enabled?
There are those sticky keys e.g. tap shift 5 times and it will stay on.

Heh I have a MS Natural Keyboard Pro and I've never had one single minute problem with it.

I've had some problems like this before though, with random keys being pressed although they're not actually physically pressed. Have you ever spilt any water or smth in your keyboard? Gravity would pull it down to where the Windows key is...

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back