Keyboard doesnt work on cold boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trautman

Whenever I boot my PC in the morning the keyboard does not work. I have to reboot and then the keyboard works perfectly. After that even if I reboot any number of times...the keyboard works perfectly.
Its only in the morning when the machine is cold when this problem occurs.
The Keyboard is showing in Device Manager. I even tried removing it and adding it back.

I have a logitech wireless elite keyboard and mouse (keyboard is PS/2 mouse is USB)
AMD athlon 64 1.8ghz
1 GB RAM
Abit KN8 V1.1 mobo

Any ideas ????

JAKE

I'd say you may as well just hit restart as soon as you hear the post beep when you cold boot. Just out of curiosity though. You say your keyboard is a logitech wireless elite. How have you got a wireless device on PS/2? I didn't know you could. I was under the impression you had to use a USB dongle. If this isn't so please post a reply correcting me as it's random and I like random stuff.

How have you got a wireless device on PS/2? I didn't know you could. I was under the impression you had to use a USB dongle.
yep. you do use some sort of usb hub/dongle thing..

You may have done the mistake of putting in the keyboard's PS2 connector (purple) in the mouse's PS2 jack (Green) on the back of the pc.

Otherwise check the battery and also maybe if you did install the logitech desktop manager driver, uninstall that and try..

The wireless sensor actaully has both connections... A PS/2 and a USB. I have tried both ports just incase the colors were wrong and have tried multiple logitech drivers and managers to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

Your post about wireless not having a PS/2 connector had me thinkin...

So I tried cold booting with the PS/2 connector disconnected. And it worked.

Thanks guys.

To clarify things, the PS/2 connector is just there for if you need to use the keyboard to access BIOS or machine/dos mode, since some motherboards do not support USB devices on bootup, and DOS as we all know don't have USB drivers..... so having USB connector on should be suffice..

This is a very weird problem. Uhm, all I can think of is turn it on and reset straight away, that may work. Else I don't know.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back