Keyboard error

Hello ,

I am facing my laptop keboard problem as described below and need a urgent solution.

Whenever I start typing something , most of the time the curser move at random position and from that point typing continues.

example : hi pet(z your preparation for upcoming exam)er how are you doing ? Howz you

Sometimes the window get minimised

Have you changed any of the trackpad settings recently?

Reason for asking, is I find running one of my laptops with Linux the trackpad is overly sensitive, and when I'm touch typing I'm catching the trackpad and moving the cursor myself.

It sounds rather wierd, but trying type from above the keyboard so your nowhere near the trackpad with the wrists and see what happens then.

IF that isn't the problem (its unlikely but worth a try anyway), then it's possibly a issue with your laptops keyboard breaking down. I'm not entirely sure how a laptops keyboard is addressed, as its physically connected and as far as I am aware doesn't need any drivers to work. If you can connect a USB keyboard to try using that it would be beneficial.

If the USB keyboard works fine connected to your laptop, I'd say its very likely your keyboard is possibly knackered. If it does the same thing, it could be another software related issue.

I have not changed any setting , I think you are right... because after disabling my trackpad, I was typing for almost 5 min , and did not encounter any error.

Reason for asking, is I find running one of my laptops with Linux the trackpad is overly sensitive, and when I'm touch typing I'm catching the trackpad and moving the cursor myself.
Me too.

@HK
I actually realised the issue was mainly because I had become really lazy with how I positioned my wrists when typing. Now I'm aware of it, its no longer an issue.

I actually think its an issue I've come to notice since purchasing my Logitech Wave, as I have a habit of letting the low wrist support bare the full weight of my wrists when typing with it. If I then type in the same way on my older Linux laptop, I then rubbed against the trackpad with my wrists, thus moving the mouse and messing everything up while typing.

Back