Keyboard issues with lag time

Status
Not open for further replies.
:chef: Hello all, my first post here.
I have an Alienware 51M 776 hooked to a Belkin SOHO 4 port KVM.
I am using a PS/2 to USB 2.0 dongle.
I am using an MS Natural keyboard which is one of the original ones from a half century ago.
When typing papers and surfing etc.. no problem.
When playing Battlefield 2, Doom3, Call of Duty etc.. anytime I move the character it occasionally stops moving, and of course I get whacked.
Has anyone every had this problem? It doesn't effect my Desktop.
I have no issues there, so I figured it had to be the USB connection.
I normally use the caps lock key for moving but this problem shows up no matter what key I use to move with.
I also have a wireless LX 700 Logitech.

I want to get a new ergo keyboard and the Logitech ergo one looks nice.

ej

Hi
My guess is it's the kvm. As well, I don't like usb kb/m either, the latency for my use is too great, so ps2 all the way.

keyboard lagtime

:chef: Everything plugged into the KVM is PS/2 except for the LX700 recharge/transceiver cradle which is USB.
There isn't a noticable lag with the mouse, however the dongle on the laptop is a PS/2 to USB connection. There is no way to plug a PS/2 device into my alienware laptop.
I had thought about getting a port replicator but couldn't find one that I thought would work.

keyboard lagtime

:chef: No I have not, I still have to use the dongle though since my keyboard only has ps/2 plug. It cross my mind though, but since it only effects me during game play I figured it was something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back