Keyboard Liquid Spill Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, I spill coffee on my laptop(Sony Vaio PCG-K13). Fortunately,everything works well EXCEPT
1)When I turn on the computer now,it makes this loud beeping noise before a screen comes up asking me to select Profile1. Didn't have this problem before the spill.

2)All the keys + touchpad mouse works fine EXCEPT the spacebar,which doesn't function at all. Currently,I using the on-screen keyboard to insert spaces.

Can anyone offer any suggestions for addressing one or both problems?

Thanks

ugh. ugly situation. At worst you may have shorted some component and ruined the motherboard (requires replacement). At best, it is a minor short and the keyboard may only require cleaning or replacement.
Cleaning will require dissassembly of the laptop and electronics cleaning solvent.
I do not recommend this for an average user. Laptops are very tricky to put back together. You would be better off getting a professional.

If the motherboard is ruined, you can buy a salvage model and use the hard drive, RAM, etc, that is in yours to make either the salvage model work, or use the salvage model for a motherboard part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back