Keyboard Malfunctioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
To anyone that can help,
For the past month when i type or game or whenever i use the keyboard, it sometimes malfunction and the whole keyboard stalls and stops working. However some indicators such as NUM Lock still lights up. Furthermore my mouse works perfectly fine and i often have to improper shut down when i'm in a middle of a full screen program as i have to press ESC to quit the program. When i improper shut down and try to switch on again, it sometimes result in a constant beeping sound so i have to press the power button again to restart the computer.
Please help...Any help would be grateful! ^.^

Replace the keyboard. $9.95 at Wal-Mart. Available used for free. If it is wireless, it is definitely bad. If it is USB, it could be bad. PS/2 boards are almost never bad unless they have food and dirt under the keys.
We throw away 100 keyboards a month, so ask any tech shop... or Salvation army store.
Fast boards that gamers like, have a much higher incidence of failure. There is almost no computer component with a higher failure rate than a wireless keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back