Keyboard monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

duku

I need a program that monitors keyboard buffer and records all the typings into a file. I am typing a lot and sometimes I tend to forget to save a file or to keep track of my passwords. Besides, I want to know if anyone is using my machine (and its keyboard) while I am away. (I have WindowsXP Pro).

Could anyone direct me to a link or recommend something from their own experience?

Thank you!

Thank you for your link, but I have nothing to do with all those advanced features that Keyboard Monitor is offering, neither want to spend 30$ for sucha program (just for trying it). I could use a much simpler application (and I 'd like to rather test it before, so a shareware would be nice :) ).

I couldn't find anything of this kind at Sysinternals...

There aren't more?:confused:

Originally posted by Vehementi
I heard the government is working on a trojan horse program called Magic Lantern that logs every keystroke on someone's computer.
And I heard Elvis isn't dead, he just went home :)

he jsut went back home.. muwahahaa..

MIB-1.jpg

sorry, mict & veh, but you won't remember anything tomorrow..
*FLASH*

I heard the government is working on a trojan horse program called Magic Lantern that logs every keystroke on someone's computer.

Stories:
The Register - FBI 'Magic Lantern' reality check
Position on Magic Lantern

I read something about that a few months ago, I think it was at the Register but I'm not sure. I do remember that the program is supposed to be able to log keystrokes as well as a list of all hardware and software along with any files stored or opened on the target computer. The article never confirmed it, just said that it was "supposed" to exist.

Originally posted by Ai Hate
sorry, mict & veh, but you won't remember anything tomorrow..
*FLASH*

/me prods Ai with a stick

Uhh, I can still remember stuff...

Wait, what's my name again?

And where the heck am I anyway?

What is this place?

Who are you people?

What do you want with me?

AHHHHHHHHH

/me goes insane

Stories:
The Register - FBI 'Magic Lantern' reality check
Position on Magic Lantern
I just watched "Click online" on BBC World. There was a story about this, looks like it really exists after all. But, but, but.. I still doubt if it works on GNU Linux. I wouldn't wonder if M$ would cooperate with FBI but an OS being developed by individuals over the world, not likely. Well, at least I hope so.
/me starts PGPing his messages..

I think it's designed for Windows, Mic. What they apparently don't know is that the kind of people they're looking for don't use weak operating systems like Windows :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back